Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lessons start in earnest

Well now have everything sorted at the school, I picked up a japanese mobile phone and I have a bike to get around kanazawa.
Also after discussing with the school cancelled my course and am moving to all private lessons, so this is 5 hours a day every day plus homework, its going to be tough but I am looking forward to it. Yesterday morning in the library and then the lessons in the afternoon and the day just flew by. In the evening as usual was treated to a feast of food, some vegetables (unknown), rice, cabbage, fish (unknown) and then went to the local shopping center on my bike to have a look around.

This morning breakfast was vegetable omelette, salad, potato soup, rice and crab sticks. Interesting breakfast but really tasty and sets me up for the day.

In the language I can now read and write the Hiragana, going to sort out the katakana this week, and then hopefully i will start to be able to read the books easier which makes the learning go a little quicker, I hope to start learning some kanjii as well in a couple of weeks. Done lots of basic stuff, and beginning to recognise some words that are spoken to me, not a lot though so its still a struggle talking to the homestay family, but they are really nice so we generally get stuff sorted out.

After the lessons today I am going to try and get some business cards printed up, should be interesting.

Right off into school now, another day another 4 sheets of homework to finish before the lessons start

No comments: