Saturday, September 20, 2008

Singapore Air lets me down

Day 1 and it started so well with a great meal at an italian restaurant in Zurich Airport. Zero stress as I was there in plenty of time and was able to investigate that the best lounge for Lindsey and the kids would be the Bellevue Lounge near the gate, though they should arrive there early to ensure they get a seat because it gets really busy. 

Started to board and was called back and asked to go to the singapore air desk where they downgraded me. Grrr there went my flat bed and plans for 8 hours solid sleep and I was back with a cramped seat, stiff neck and they didnt even have my preferred meal, why do they bother allowing people to specify meals on their site if they dont bother to load it. What I did get was an offer for 75% reduction on my ticket (not enough) and an on-board 100$ voucher, which cost me another 100$ because the special golf sunglasses were 200$. At least the service and food in economy was superb, really looking forward to finding out how good business is. Hopefully when SingaporeAir contact Lindsey to discuss the compensation she manages to get the money and some upgrades...

Just going through an 8 hour stop over in Changi-Terminal-3, its really superb here, great food in the lounge, excellent shopping in the terminal. Had my hair-cut and a long shower and shave and feeling human and ready for the next 6 hour flight to Osaka.

No comments: